Zeus Capital acted as nominated adviser and sole broker to Tatton Asset Management plc (Ticker: TAM.L) on IPO and £51.6m institutional placing.
6th July 2017
Zeus Capital has acted as nominated adviser and sole broker to Tatton Asset Management plc (“TAM” or the “Company”, and with its subsidiaries, the “Group”) in connection with its Admission to trading on AIM and associated £51.6 million institutional placing.
Tatton Asset Management plc admitted to trading on 6 July 2017 with a market capitalisation (based on the placing price of 156 pence) of £87.2 million.
The Group was founded in 2007 by current Chief Executive Officer, Paul Hogarth. The Group provides a range of services to the FCA directly authorised financial adviser (‘‘DA IFA’’) marketplace encompassing discretionary fund management (with over £4 billion AUM), regulatory and compliance services and mortgage services. It has three operating subsidiaries, Tatton Capital Limited, Paradigm Partners Limited, and Paradigm Mortgage Services LLP.
The placing of 33,089,331 ordinary shares in the Company (the “Placing”) raised approximately £10.0 million before expenses for the Company and approximately £41.6 million before expenses for selling shareholders. Following the Placing, 63.5 per cent. of the Ordinary Shares will be held in public hands.
The Board of TAM believes that the Placing and Admission positions the Group for its next stage of development and provides it with a capital structure for future growth. In particular, the Directors of the Company believe the Placing and Admission will:
- enhance the Group’s public profile and status with existing and potential clients;
- assist in the incentivisation and retention of key management and employees;
- create a liquid market in the Ordinary Shares for existing shareholders;
- provide the selling shareholders with an opportunity for a partial realisation of their respective shareholdings in the Group; and
- provide access to the capital markets to aid future growth, when required.
Based in Wilmslow, Cheshire, the Group achieved revenues of £11.9 million in the year to 31 March 2017, with pro forma adjusted operating profit of £5.5 million.